When you are feeling overwhelmingly negative give yourself a self-infused shot of positivity and then hold yourself accountable for accomplishing the tasks you have given yourself. It can be even better if you do have someone, such as a loved one or a personal therapist, to assist you in your own accountability to start out.
The idea is to write down 10-15 tasks or behaviors that are very positively oriented and then do what ever you can to accomplish each and every one of those tasks DAILY. You can use S.M.A.R.T. a technique for writing achievable goals but the main idea of this exercise is down and dirty--Just do it!
Once you have your list then decide which item is probably the hardest to achieve on a daily basis and make sure you accomplish that one first and foremost. If that item changes daily then change it accordingly.
1) Daily walks (exercise)
2) Daily journaling
3) Spend an hour outside
4) Job hunting 30-45 minutes daily
5) When engaging in negative self talk read/recite positive affirmations
6) Take more time for personal appearance
7) Eat 3 solid meals per day
8) Contact at least one person/friend per day
9) Respond to all personal communications by end of day
10) Daily think of one good thing you can do for yourself that is not already on this list AND do it!
Leave a Reply.
UPTOWN THERAPY MPLS
Edited and composed by Mathew Quaschnick
Sort articles by clicking below on ARCHIVES or CATEGORIES.
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPY
LOCATION AND HOURS:
1406 West Lake St. #204 Minneapolis, MN 55408
Monday - Friday: 9-5 PM with limited evening appointments